2 teaspoons instant onion, Minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper, Crushed
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Taco Seasoning Mix:
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well.
2. Spoon mixture onto a 6-inch square of aluminum foil and fold to make airtight. Label as Taco Seasoning Mix.
3. Store in a cool, dry place and use within 6 months.
4. Makes 1 package (about 2 T) of mix.
5. Using the above recipe as a guide you can increase the amounts to make any umber of packages
To Make Taco Filling:
1. Brown 1 lb lean ground beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; drain the excess grease.
2. Add 1/2 cup water and the seasoning mix.Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Makes filling for 8 to 10 tacos.